Training for plan year 2017 Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) agent and broker registration is now available on the CMS Enterprise Portal, offered on the Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS), and through two CMS-approved vendors: America’s Health Insurance Plans, Inc. (AHIP) and the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).
You must access both the MLMS and CMS-approved vendor training via the Portal. For a better user experience, the best days and times to access registration and training are Monday through Friday, between 5:00 PM and 11:00 AM Eastern Time, and on the weekends.
If you choose to take training via one of the CMS-approved vendors, they are required to cover, at a minimum, the same topic areas as are covered in the MLMS training and may be able to offer you continuing education unit (CEU) credits, depending on the state in which you are licensed. Vendors may charge a fee for taking their training. As in previous years, the MLMS training is free.
In order to avoid any delay in completing registration and training, make sure that you turn off your computer’s pop-up blockers and review the Plan Year 2017 Computer Configuration Requirements Quick Reference Guide to make any additional adjustments to your computer configuration, as needed.
See the quick reference guide for step-by-step instructions to address the following possible issues:
- Turn off your computer’s pop-up blockers.
- Download and use the free web browsers that work best with the MLMS: Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash to optimize display of animations.
- Allow cookies.
- Access the training for registration on a desktop or laptop computer. (The Marketplace training cannot be accessed on a tablet or other hand-held/mobile device.)
- Check with your network provider for more assistance if you encounter bandwidth and server issues.
For more information on plan year 2017 registration and training, visit the Agents and Brokers Resources webpage, where you will find information and links to resources that will help you complete registration so you are eligible to assist consumers when Open Enrollment starts on November 1.
Get a head start on registration and training by starting today.