Our clients wonder about the best seasonal allergy remedies. So, we have compiled a list of the top ten best remedies to help you during this spring season.
What are allergies?
Before we can discuss remedies, let’s look at what allergies are and where we get them. Allergies are a reaction to something in our environment. It can be pollen, or plants, or even man-made fibers and chemicals. Allergies come in all forms and really anyone can be allergic to anything.
What happens if you are allergic to something?
A reaction generally comes with a visible sign, such as a rash, watering eyes, runny nose, sneezing, inflammation, headache, etc. That’s your body telling you that something is wrong.
When we talk about seasonal allergy remedies, there are two kinds.
- One kind of seasonal allergy remedy treats the actual cause of the allergy. It helps numb your body’s reaction to the environmental factor. So it would make your body not react as violently as it normally does.
- The other kind simply treats the symptom or symptoms. So it would treat the runny nose, the sneezing, or coughing, etc.
The top 10 list of seasonal allergy remedies will have both kinds of remedies included.
- Neti Pot – It’s Free! The neti pot flushes out your sinuses and can be an instant allergy reliever. Plus it’s all natural and generally free. All you need is some salt and warm water. Check it out here https://www.netipot.com/site/
- Allegra Adult 24-Hour – It works fast
- Claritin 24-Hour – Non-Drowsy
- Xyzal – For Pets and Dander Allergies
- Zyrtec prescription antihistamine
- Benadryl Ultratabs – For Ragweed
- Rhinocort Allergy Spray 24-Hour
- Alcon Naphcon A – For itchy watery eyes
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Swallow a Tablespoon or add it to water and honey. Works wonders.
- Menthol or Eucalyptus Humidifier – Breathe in the vapor and wait as your nasal passages open.
So you can see the best seasonal allergy remedies don’t have to be chemicals or drugs. It can be some common sense approaches our grandparents have used for centuries. We hope you found this list helpful. If you did, please leave a comment and share our article with your friends and family and on Facebook. Cheers!