An Agents Guide to Selling Remotely
Sheri Emerson, Regional Sales Director with Empower Brokerage, has started using resources like GoToMeeting and other screen sharing programs to allow her to better connect with her clients.
“The shelter-in-place ordinance has been especially difficult for me because I typically meet with clients in person,” says Emerson. “I discovered very quickly that my usual approach wasn’t working with phone sales and I had to change the way I do business.” Emerson combines her phone presentation with a virtual online meeting to establish trust and provide helpful visuals throughout the appointment. As a result:
- The client has a better understanding of the plan features when they can follow along visually
- The client can oversee the electronic enrollment process to ensure accuracy
- She can view the client’s screen to assist with the e-signature
“GoToMeeting has been a lifesaver for me and I hope it will help other agents as well,” she says.
Agent Resources for selling remotely
We strongly encourage the use of our COVID-19 Remote Agent Resources page, designed to provide up-to-date information from the CDC and information on how agents can serve the needs of their clients remotely.
Use one of the following screen sharing tools to better connect with your clients and have a much more productive meeting.
- Zoom – a free online resource available for 40 minutes per meeting with three or more people. There is no cap on time with a one-on-one meeting. The paid zoom meeting goes up to 100 people.
- ScreenLeap – a free online resource available for a max of 40 minutes a day and a maximum of 8 people. It is really simple to use and a quick resource for agents.
- GoToMeeting – This paid program works right out of the box. It’s easy to invite someone to an event with a simple email and you always have the tools you need at your fingertips.
- Microsoft Teams – This program is paid and gives agents a quick and easy way to share screens. The other person does not have to have Microsoft teams to have the screen-sharing session.
Additionally, if you have any questions or need any other help. Please feel free to contact us at 1-(800) 539-1633.
Empower Brokerage is dedicated to helping you educate your clients on the insurance they need to get the most out of life. Whether it’s through webinar training, one-on-one calls, seminars, or marketing plans. We want you to be successful. Give us a call if you have any questions 888-539-1633.