As a leader in the U.S. healthcare system and a proud employer of veterans, Cigna makes helping veterans a priority. Cigna shows support for the sacrifices of veterans and has established the Veteran Support Line and Mindfulness Program.
About Cigna’s Veteran Support Line
The Veteran Support Line provides a wide range of assistance for veterans, as well as their caregivers and families. The best part about the support line is that you can use it whether you are Cigna customers or not.
The Support Line is free and available 24/7/365 at 855.244.6211.
- It is completely anonymous. Cigna does not ask for verification of military status or relationship to a veteran and does not ask for any personal identification.
- It’s staffed by licensed Cigna behavioral health specialists, some of whom are veterans themselves and understand the unique and often difficult experiences both veterans and their caregivers often face.
- There is a dedicated triage team that will help veterans find the right resources and services including pain management, substance use counseling and treatment, financial issues, food, clothing, housing, safety, transportation, parenting and child care, aging services, health insurance, legal assistance and more.
- If someone who is in a crisis calls, they will be immediately routed to a member of our crisis team. Each member of the team trains to handle these specific situations.
Cigna’s Mindfulness for Vets program, specifically designed for all veterans, whether customers or not. The program helps provide training in mindful stress management, acceptance, and compassion.
The program is available every Tuesday at 888.244.6260 (passcode 536435).
- Many veterans suffer from chronic pain due to injuries, post-traumatic stress disorder, opioid dependency and other causes of stress at a higher rate than the general population. Mindfulness is an evidence-based therapy proven to have a positive impact on depression, stress, anxiety, performance, sleep, addiction and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- The program last 45-60 minutes, with a Cigna specialist present. There’s also a time in the end for veterans to ask questions and share experiences.
- All veterans, caregivers, and families, whether they are customers or not, are can participate in the Mindfulness sessions. These take place every Monday and Thursday at 6 PM ET and every Wednesday at 8:30 PM ET. You can call in at 888.244.6260 (passcode 388032).
Agents if you have any clients who are veterans, get them to sign up with Cigna’s Veteran Support line and mindfulness programs. These services are available to ALL veterans no matter if they are Cigna-customers or not. It is an honor to be able to give back to our veterans and these programs help spread that cause.