5 Great Programs and Benefits of the Humana Medicare Advantage Plan
1. New Member Welcome Call and Health Risk Assessment
Within 90 days of initial enrollment, Humana will call your client to personally thank them for choosing Humana and to answer any questions they may have. During the call, the member is asked to complete a brief health risk assessment. It helps Humana understand the member’s health history to identify resources or programs available to him or her at no extra cost. Please ask your clients to take the call and complete the health risk assessment by phone.
2. In-home Health and Well-being Assessment (IHWA)
It’s a no-cost assessment as part of their Humana plan of overall health for eligible members and an opportunity to increase early detection of some common health conditions.
How do assessments work?
- Eligible members are contacted to schedule an appointment
- A doctor, physician assistant or nurse practitioner performs the assessment, which takes approximately 60 – 90 minutes
- A brief, noninvasive physical exam is done; the member will not need to undress or have any required diagnostic or lab procedures
- Depending on the assessment’s results, member may be referred to Humana clinical programs for further evaluation and coaching, if needed (not all members will receive this outreach)
If a client is contacted about an In-home Health and Well-being Assessment, tell them to take the call and encourage him or her to schedule an assessment. Remind the member that this visit does not replace their doctor’s care or their annual checkup, and taking part won’t affect the member’s Humana benefits or premium in any way.
3. Humana Pharmacy
Humana Pharmacy can be the one source for everyday prescription needs: maintenance medications, specialty medications, diabetic supplies and, in some cases, over-the-counter medications.
4. Go365, Formerly HumanaVitality
This wellness and rewards program is exclusively for Humana members. Here’s how to get started:
- Take the Go365 Health Assessment: Complete at Go365.com or call the number on the back of the Humana member ID card to request a paper assessment
- Earn Bucks: Complete healthy activities like getting preventive screenings and exams, tracking your steps with a pedometer or attending a SilverSneakers® Fitness class
- Spend Bucks in the Go365 Mall: Choose items like gift cards, movie tickets, fitness devices and more to spend your Bucks
5. Humana at Home
Members may be eligible for Humana At Home services at no extra cost to help them with their chronic conditions and daily activities. Those members will be called or visited by a care manager on a short-term or ongoing basis.
Some ways a care manager might help include:
- Answering members’ questions about their health conditions and medicine that come up between doctor visits (this does not replace care from the doctor)
- Helping sort through members’ confusing medical bills and paperwork
- Locating transportation, meals, social services and other helpful resources for members
Advise your clients of the different programs that are included to assist them with their Medicare needs.
These added features make Humana a popular choice among consumers. As it’s so popular, all agents should get contracted with this carrier. Not only will prospects benefit from all that Humana offers, but agents will also benefit greatly by representing this carrier. Humana is reliable with competitive benefits and commissions for agents. Get contracted with Humana and expand your business!
If you have any questions, please call us toll-free (888) 539-1633.