If you have an existing CMS Enterprise Portal, but cannot remember your password, you can reset it yourself in three simple steps and get started with plan year 2017 registration right away. Here’s how:
- On the CMS Enterprise Portal home page, select the “Forgot Password?” link in the upper right corner.
- Respond to a set of challenge questions you selected when you created your account. Then enter a new password that meets these standards:
- Contain a minimum of eight and a maximum of 20 characters
- Contain at least one letter and one number
- Contain at least one upper case and one lower case letter
- Contain at least one special character
- Be different from the previous password used
- Not contain your FFM User ID
- Not include the following special characters: ? < > ( ) ‘ ” / \ &
- Once you have reset your password, return to the CMS Enterprise Portal home page and select the “Login to CMS Secure Portal” button.
For screenshots showing these steps, see the Avoiding the Creation of a Duplicate CMS Enterprise Portal Account Quick Reference Guide. This guide also explains how to find out if you have an existing CMS Enterprise Portal account and how to retrieve your FFM User ID.
You can also access additional information and links to resources on the Agents and Brokers Resources webpage that will help you complete registration so you are eligible to assist consumers when Open Enrollment starts on November 1.