Plan year 2017 Federally-facilitated Marketplace (FFM) agent and broker registration and training is now available on the CMS Enterprise Portal.
Training is offered by CMS on the Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS), and through two CMS-approved vendors:
CMS-approved vendors are required to cover, at a minimum, the same topic areas as are covered in the CMS training, and may be able to offer you continuing education unit (CEU) credits, depending on the state in which you are licensed. Vendors may charge a fee for taking their training. As in previous years, the MLMS training is free. Agents and brokers must access both the MLMS and CMS-approved vendor training via the CMS Enterprise Portal.
If you successfully completed FFM registration for plan year 2016, you are eligible to take a streamlined Refresher Training for the Individual Marketplace (estimated two hours for completion) via the MLMS or a CMS-approved vendor.
For a detailed description of how to complete the registration steps, please participate in one of three remaining sessions of the “Plan Year 2017 FFM Registration and Training” webinars:
- August 3 from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM Eastern Time (ET) for returning agents and brokers
- August 4 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM ET for new agents and brokers
- August 10 from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET for returning agents and brokers
You can register for these session on REGTAP or find additional information in the “Agent and Broker Webinars” section of the Agent and Broker Resources webpage. (Registration closes 24 hours prior to each event.)
- For information about the FFM agent and broker program, contact the Producer and Assister Help Desk via email at mailto:FFMProducer-AssisterHelpDesk@cms.hhs.gov or call the Agent and Broker Call Center at 1-855-267-1515 and select option “1.”
- Direct questions about a client’s Individual Marketplace plan to the Marketplace Call Center at 1-800-318-2596.
- Direct questions about SHOP Marketplace coverage to the SHOP Call Center at 1-800-706-7893.